SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

One year after construction review (great idea, so I'll go next)

jewelisfabulous
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Completed construction April, 2014. Had a couple of repairs done since then that are related to labor gaffes not material quality.

1 ) Americh "Madison" tub #6684 has performed very well. Glad I took another poster's advice and stuffed insulation around the tub before the apron was put on as it keeps the water hotter longer. I appreciate having the built-in arm rests and chrome safety bars and am so glad we opted for a hand-held sprayer as it's been super useful. The only downside is that this tub is DEEP which makes getting in and out of it a bit of a risky proposition (even with my long legs!). Also, I really don't like only being able to use a sponge and dishsoap to clean it in order to preserve the finish. It doesn't fully get all the soap residue cleaned off like using Magic Eraser and Scrubbing Bubbles would.

2) Moen "Brantford" plumbing fixtures look and operate the same as the day they were installed. Zero complaints there.

3) Jim Bishop cabinetry still looks great

4) Best choice ever was the Kimball and Young 92545HW hard wired magnifying mirror. I use it every day and it works great. Also glad we framed out the wall mirrors with mirror strips.

5) Wish I would have sprung the extra $2500 for in-floor heating. The tile is COLD in the winter! Also, I wish I'd have gone with a random pattern on the floor -- I went plain out of fear it would take attention away from the tile mural in the shower. It wouldn't have and I'd have liked it so much more.

6) Went with Cardinal low-iron content glass protected with Showerguard for the shower glass. WELL WORTH the extra expense!

7) Best choice ever to have two extra tall niches in our shower (his and hers). Each has a granite shelf separating the space -- the upper is for bottles and the lower is for little stuff like bars of soap, razor, etc.

8) Really glad we took our tile installer's suggestion to use Tek Commercial Grade Grout in the shower stall as it's stain and mold resistant.

I guess that's all I can think of off the top!

Comments (5)