SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardendaydreamer

amazing monarch experience

gardendaydreamer
8 years ago

I was fortunate enough to be in the Adirondacks for a few days and was amazed at how the roadsides were ABSOLUTELY COVERED in healthy, green milkweed everywhere I looked. (Its stunning how just a few hours away the habitat could be so drastically different). We spent an afternoon at a farm that participates in the monarch monitoring project. (my boys were less than thrilled to spend a portion of their vacation doing this-it was a short educational class then walk through the grounds to which they rolled their eyes) Well, within moments we spotted our first monarch, then another, and another... It was amazing. (We had not seen ANY back home). Well, I had to practically drag the boys out when it was time to leave. So nice to see their attitudes change and to witness them gain an appreciation and respect for not only the monarchs but nature in general. They are officially converted! Most amazing of all was when we got back home we spotted our first monarch fluttering around our garden-perhaps he followed us home!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH