SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saabturbo99

Woodland border/hide or blend in black chain link fence.

saabturbo99
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi guys,

My back yard is half lawn, and half woods (the woods are still my property). We recently had some fencing put up...including some black chain link (4ft.) across the back to separate the rear wooded part from the "lawn" area to keep the kids in the yard. Also, my neighbor feeds 4 stray cats and they were constantly in our yard (and we want to have a garden, etc...)

Anyway...I guess it is just the change, but it looks a little abrubt to me...and I miss the soft transition to the woodlands a bit. Maybe we could have achieved the same security with some simple welded wire fencing weaved behind the brush. Before we give up on the fence, though, I was wondering if planting some appropriate things both in front of and behind the fence...and also simply giving some time for the brush they trimmed to install the fence to grow back...would work to help hide/soften to look for the fence and make a nice transition to the yard.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've attached a picture. I don't want to devour tooo much lawn with any plantings. This part of the yard is mostly shade. Also, we are on Long Island. Adding some color to the area would be nice. We don't want to put a row of the same shrubs. Don't want it messy either, but not too neat and artificial...but rather something appropriate for the setting.

Thanks for any tips!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County