SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Fabric pots? Anyone have experience with 'em?

Due to my frantic busy-ness to finish my final work for my computer graphics course AND then my getting a horrible virus complete with a high fever and very sore throat, I was not able to water my garden as often as I wanted to for the past month. Heck, I barely SAW my garden most days, just coming home and running for the computer to get more work done. And I'm just beginning to recover from that nasty virus. With the high temps we had, the denizens of my coir-lined elevated Garden Kitten wire basket became crispy critters. Bye bye purple petunias and pink calibrachoas, you will be missed. Sunken into my garden is a pot left by the 99 cent store junkie Chinese neighbors (they moved out and a very nice Chinese couple moved in), planted with Ruby Mantle sedum and Angelina, both succulents and therefore drought-resistant. THEY are trying to sneak out of their pot and become ground cover, which I do not want. The elevated spot in the Garden Kitten basket would therefore be ideal. But their pot is too big for the wire basket. Therefore, I was thinking of trying one of those new fabric pots, some of which are in very pretty colors, because hopefully it would be flexible and could be snugged under the wire Kitten face.

Does anyone have any experience with these fabric pots? Could I leave the succulents outside for the winter as I did in their ceramic pot?

Thanks for any info!

Comment