SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

August, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Here we go again......I am not counting the days until Christmas, are you?! I have so many ideas to make this year, but no gumption. I think the easiest would be pillowcases and I want to try them using sheets and novelty fabric for the cuff. Just seems like it would be less expensive and since I don't have a lot of yardage, that would help in using up the smaller pieces of yardage.

1. I want to concentrate on DD's 50th birthday quilt this month so Beverly doesn't stress about the quilting of it. Her birthday isn't until November, but the earlier the better on my end. The top is completed and some of the piano keys are sewn together but I need to cut and sew more.

2. Sew the Irish Chain rows together and make the borders.

Anything other than those two things will be playing. I have other things going but really want to get these completed soon. I think if I put all the scrappy things I'm playing out of sight, I'll have a better chance of sticking to the initial plan. But, wait, don't I need to have a leader/ender handy to use? Hmmmmm, oh yes, here is something I might be able to use for that...... http://www.sewmamasew.com/media/blog/SMSCharmSquaresBabyQuilt.pdf

Comments (9)