SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

One of my neighbors had surgery and I took a meal over today. Boy am I glad. Not glad she had surgery but glad I went over.

I had never seen her back yard but she has a hedge of double red knock outs across her back lot. These are all acre lots so they were growing 75 yds away along the property line. I stepped out on her patio and saw the hedge and suddenly felt sick. After walking back for a closer look she has a hedge about 100 feet wide that has several roses with RRD. Classic witches broom. So I walked around her house checking all her roses and didn't see anymore.

I explained what it was and she said she'd call her gardner to dig all of them out. .

Now I am in panic mode. Many of the houses out here had roses planted as hedges along the back of their property. I think this weekend I will knock on a few doors and politely ask to see their hedges.

It will be a challenge to get everyone to check their roses. We have a neighborhood facebook page so I am working on a post with pictures of different symptoms. I am far from an expert but using the information Ann shares maybe I can at least raise awareness. The gardner for the owner I visited today is the gardner for several homes out here so educating him should help too.

I will just be hyper vigilant watching all my roses in beds and in pots.

Comments (18)