SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atheen_

Need advice on repotting cayenne pepper plant received today

Hi y'all!

Some of you may know me from the citrus forums. My name is Atheen, and I live in Maryland. I just received a young cayenne pepper plant today, and I'm wondering what medium to pot it in. I've read a bit on this forum, and it seems that (as usual) the opinion is divided on what the best soil is...

I'm familiar with 5/1/1, since that's what I potted my Meyers in. But this is a much, much smaller plant, so I'm not sure if it needs that much drainage.

I have repti bark (medium), I have perlite, I have farfard soil (not the pro or 52, sadly) and I have lime. The pot it's going in is going to contain about a quart of soil (if that), so it's really kind of small.

Here is a picture of the plant, and of the pot. The pot has a drain insert.

Right now, the peppers have been watered and are chilling on the kitchen counter. they arrived kind of droopy, since the post office found it a good idea to leave it at my door in full sun without even ringing a bell. It's sheer luck I went out with the trash or it would have cooked until this evening and we would have had ratatouille for dinner.

As always, thanks for all advice, input, and simply for stopping by.

Atheen

Comments (7)

Sponsored