SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
travelindy

Neighbor sprayed weed killer around my lilac bushes

8 years ago

I dug up and planted a new lawn this summer. The grass came in beautifully, but the neighbor on one side had all weeds in his yard and it didn't take them long to spread to my new lawn. I also have lilac bushes growing on that side of the yard. My neighbor (just moved in this summer) didn't want to treat his weeds until I treated mine, because he didn't want them to spread back. He was very rude about it and I told him that I wanted to be careful what I sprayed on the lawn so I wouldn't kill the new grass. I purchased a product recommended by the local farm store and will spray it after grandkids go home after the weekend. Tonight I was preparing to mow the lawn and I saw the neighbor spraying something on the lawn. When he saw me come out, he ran inside and I soon realized that he had sprayed something all over my lilac bushes and the lawn all around it. I put the mower aside and sprayed the bush off with a hose and let the sprinkler run for quite some time. The lilac is a memorial for a young girl who passed away (daughter of a friend of mine who asked me to take care of the lilac he was given in her honor. If he just sprayed a weed killer, will spraying off the leaves and watering immensely around the bush save it? He talked about spraying his yard with round up. If he did, did I do enough to save the lilac? Any suggestions?

Comments (19)