SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
begonia2015

Please help me make this plant happen - huge sentimental value!

begonia2015
8 years ago

Apologies in advance to those who might find this unusual/odd - but I need some help with growing a plant I picked at an overseas cemetery, off my grandparents' grave. They meant everything to me and their place is an ocean away. When I visited I noticed there were two small planters with two light green plants, left and right of the grave. I do not know what kind it is but I attached some pictures below. Light green, thicker leaves (on the succulent side).

It appears that a seed may have traveled and another plant, just like those two planted in the planters, grew on its own, right on their grave. I picked it up hoping that I could snatch it with some roots but it came without. I took it with me anyway and placed it in a small glass of water. It lasted forever and eventually started to grow roots in the water - as in the attached pictures. It flew back with me to the States and I placed it in water here too...and it keeps growing some white roots.

Please tell me what I should do now to stand a chance at growing this plant in a pot.

When should I plant it in the soil and how?

Any tips would be immensely appreciated as this plant has a huge sentimental value for me (virtually mystical). I feel that it was meant to live and come here with me and if I can make it live, it will bring me a lot of luck.

The climate it was living in overseas was temperate continental (South East Europe) - overall cooler than where I am here, in the South.

I intend to grow it indoors, in a pot through.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!