SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newmexmike

Spider Mite Control: Options and Experiences

newmexmike
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I know a lot of people on this site have spider mites...including me unfortunately. Spider mites are awful and I'm trying to get better at controlling them.

1. I was hoping a systemic would be an easy solution, but it appears that there are no spider-mite killing systemics for vegetables. There are systemics, but they are rated for non-edibles.

2. I've used the soap spray. The first problem is that it only kills on contact, so if you miss a leaf with spider mites, they will come back. I guess it isn't the end of the world, but I have some plants that can't handle the soap spray. When I use it, they get horrible chemical burns.

3. So now I'm looking into trying neem oil. I'm hoping several consistent applications will eventually kill off the infestation.

4. If the oil doesn't work, then predatory mites. I don't like the fact that predatory mites they are so expensive.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this? Any luck with neem oil or using predatory mites? Have you seen neem oil cause chemical burns?

Comments (4)

Sponsored