SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover

My garden today (not just hosta)

Thought I would share a few pics I took today. I love plants in general and grow lots of things besides Hosta. The Hosta take the stage in May and June and then the daylilies take over beginning in early July. Many of them are done blooming now but I still have a few that are pretty. Then comes the dahlias which are the star of the show until the frosts hits. They have just started blooming in the last couple of weeks. Ask me what is my favorite and it will probably depend on what time of year it is...LOL...I love them all.

Here is Frances Williams still looking good!

Blue Angel- I love the pot of large coleus next to her.

Group shot of Kiwi Full Monty, Francee and Aphrodite. Poor Francee is getting crowded out.

I bought this hydrangea last year at Lowe's. Didn't really think it would survive and bloom this year but it did and it is so cute.

Another plant that shouldn't survive here but does is Agapanthus. It and the gladiola are planted right next to the garage and it must be a micro-climate because they both survive.

Pic of the sun garden. Many of the daylilies are not blooming now. Should have taken this pic when it was in full bloom.

Another pic with Cheyenne posing for me.

Daylily "Parrot Tattoo"

Daylily "Lake Norman Sunset"

My sweet Sammy!

To be continued...

Comments (17)