SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
axg9504

Simonton vs Pella Replacements

axg9504
8 years ago

I am thinking of replacing 30 yr old windows. They are the old single pane with storms, wood windows with divided lites (9 panel per single window). They are in good shape structurally. I am not looking for the cheapest window but ones that would last 30 years. I am more interested in function and durability than looks.

For budgeting reasons I decided to do downstairs windows first -7 of the 22 total. So whatever I choose now might have to be repeated upstairs for uniformity. One is a small kitchen window the other 6 are a big bay (3 windows) and 3 large (72 inches tall).

I got a quote of $7300 from Lowes (rookie salesperson, not sure of installer) for Pella 850 Architects.

Then a quote of $6500 for Simontons with the wood grain interior (I am told Reflections 5500). This quote includes two more of the 72 inch windows so it is 9 versus 7 in the previous quote. Installer appears to have a good track record.

These are full window replacements. I'm keeping in mind a quote that I received a year ago for 22 Lincoln wood windows with aluminum clad exterior-sash replacement only for about 650 a window. I have these in a new addition.

I would love to receive any comments and advice on the prices I have received so far and another alternative at the same prices.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County