SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greentreestables

Cue "The Twilight Zone" music, please....

Springroz
8 years ago

Strange things are happening......my range's igniters have been randomly clicking for about 6 months. They do it when the knobs are in the completely"off" position. Not worth calling the service guy, but a little annoying.

Three weeks ago, we had a mid day power outage. When I went to cook dinner, there was an error code on the range. Flipping the breaker(as advised by the service # displayed on the range...) did not reset it, so I called my service guy. He was swamped, and my DH was having hernia surgery, so the appointment was set for last week.

He came out at about 1:15, said, "Hmmph", called Thermador, which was closed until 2:00, and left, promising to get in touch with them and me. That was Thursday, LAST week.

I set up my little hot plate next to the stove, and put the toaster oven on the counter. The electric griddle still worked, but no igniters would light, and the oven would not come on. No gas could be heard.

so, this morning, I am sitting at the table, and one of the igniters clicked.....I turned on a burner, and it worked!! Turned on the oven, and it worked!!

Now I don't know WHAT to do....I called the service company, and they will give service man the message. I am going to call Thermador and see if they will tell me how to get the silly message to go away.

DH said I should try some other miracles, just to see what I can do...LOLOLOL!

Comments (9)