SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missmopo

Cucumber problems

missmopo
8 years ago

Hi there! This is my first year gardening and things have been going pretty well so far! I have a raised bed and have been using an intensive/square foot gardening method so my cucumbers are growing up a trellis. I have 5 plants of 2 different varieties and they're growing like crazy and have been producing, but I've been noticing some issues and I'm not sure what the problem is and if/how I can correct it.

Some of the older growth has begun to yellow and a couple leaves have died, mostly on the plants that are heavily shaded at the bottom by some basil, so I'm not even sure if this is a real problem. But I've also seen some discoloration on older leaves, a few wilted leaves here and there, and some discoloration on a few of the cucumbers themselves. The new growth looks healthy.

I clipped off some of the leaves that looked worse than this before I thought to take a picture.

Sacrificed this guy to cut it open to see what it looked like inside. Seemed like that stuff was just cosmetic? Although it was a little misshapen.
Picture of a smaller cuke with the same looking stuff. It seems to be mainly near the stem end.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (3)