SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A few from this week

shive
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Border Blessed, like David said in his post, sometimes has trouble opening. It opens well only 75% of the time here, even with steady heat. But when the blooms do open well, they are fantastic. I'm hoping for a higher percentage of good openings once the plant is established.

Pink Lemonade Party reblooming - a new one I received this spring. The first round of blooms were destroyed by thrips in May, so I'm glad all three fans have rebloom scapes. I bought this one on the recommendation of Gardenweb member Linda, who had good results hybridizing with it. I like the white/ivory edge.

I wanted to cross Pink Lemonade Party with Seedling NA X SOP, which is still blooming. Unfortunately with temps in the high 90s for the forseeable future, the seed won't set. Maybe next year.

Davisson late bloomers We Are the Champions and Miss Goldie Gold Digger

Willow Dean Smith, finally looking more pink than lavender

Kentucky Lucky - This one is heavily budded on top and occasionally some blooms don't open well because of it. I don't notice that most days. KL is like a Reckamp on steroids with much larger, rounder blooms and better substance.

Best for Last still going strong. I can decide which of these two Rice lates I like best this season. Both BFL and Kent. Lucky put on a very nice show, and both rebloom here. Best for Last already has one rebloom scape coming.

Indy Hustler, another late, just started blooming on Wed.

That's all for now!

Debra

Comments (16)