SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fitzliz

Kohler Karbon tap with which filtered water tap?

fitzliz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have order the Kohler stages sink and would like a Karbon but it doesn't filter water, and I also need to factor in a boiling water tap. The Kohler is my only sink.

Has anyone any ideas on how to get the function right while preserving the look?

I think the options are:

-Karbon with this diverting switch surface mounted beside it to divert to filtered water when needed, and the basic Quooker boiling water tap on the side (2nd picture)

http://www.abodedesigns.co.uk/p/Swich-Round-Handle-in-Brushed-Nickel_98.html

-Karbon and basic quooker with mains water filtered so no need for extra tap as all water is filtered (seems excessive?)

-Karbon along with Quooker Fusion (1st picture) which is a mixer tap with boiling water function, and I could have the cold stream from this filtered, use the Karbon as main tap, this for drinking and boiling water and also for when another mixer tap is needed if multiple people working in the kitchen.

I worry about the look though, two so different main taps behind the sink. I've attached a pic of the Quooker Fusion.

Any other thoughts? I've considered getting a triflow tap, basic quooker and a stand alone spray tap but don't like the idea, and also love the Karbon

Any thoughts appreciated!

Comments (5)