SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michoudabichon

fireplace kitchen plan - part deux

michoumonster
8 years ago

Hi all, you all have been so immensely helpful to me in reworking my kitchen with a fireplace.With your help, I am so glad to be able to preserve the fireplace and also the pass-through window in my space. I am happy with most of how the kitchen looks and feels, but do realize my plan could still use a bit of tweaking. Things I would love to get advice on are if my window sizes and cabinet sizes make sense for functionality, if my sink and appliance placement are ok. Would love ideas on how to frame the pass-through window to the other room prettily while still being functional.

I tried to reuse cabinets but am willing to change cabinet sizes if needed. I already purchased a 24" undercounter freezer (got a great deal), I will reuse the existing 30" refrigerator and bring my 27" steam oven from my current house with me, lol. The rest of the kitchen can be changed up.

thank you!

here is view of pass-through wall. DO you think i should do glass on all cabs or just the center above sink? I was thinking to do a vertical wine bottle shelf on both sides to frame the pass-thru, but maybe too modern?

here is view of range wall

view of fireplace wall. I plan to retile the fireplace, so the fireplace mantel might shrink and the hutches surrounding the fireplace may be wider.

here is the layout of the room.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022