SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eracet

Landscape free house need advice

Tim Farnsworth
8 years ago

I have lived in my house for about 10 years . We built it with the idea that we would do upgrading as we go.

After finishing the kitchen project.. the next major upgrade is our landscape.

Right now we have nothing but a deck on the back about a 12x12. wood is in OK shape, but taking a beating with no shade.

I have 4 window wells that stick out a few feet on 2 on back and 2 on sides of the house.

Here is some things that I am considering but need advice..

The front yard may end up building a small deck off the front door steps. There is a spot right off the steps that are in front of a bedroom that would work good for this. Do I do greentreat wood or ?

The backyard is the real issue. The water flow always goes west over our yard, my house faces north. So if I do concrete I am afraid of backflowing into the window wells, or toward the house. I considered putting a cement pad down then surrounding with rock. And build stuff onto the concrete pad. Right off the deck.

Also concerned about sunlight, we have a backyard that gets blasted with sun every day.

I know it is kind of hard to explain what I have, but any advice with something that would stand up with Midwest weather and not cause issues with any snow or water.

Thank you,

Comments (9)