SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annececilia

A few blooming today

I had to take a photo of Louisiana Lullabye as I am impressed with the bloom size. I wish it didn't lay on the leaves so much, but the stem is rather thin and that IS a lot of flower to hold up. You'd think it was a Russian variety!

This is a new favorite, Starry Night Blue. The photo doesn't capture adequately the grandeur of these large blossoms:

Another dark beauty, blooming for the first time for me: Apache Midnight. The photo is lighter than the actual bloom, which is a rich, dark dark purple, almost black:

This one is aptly named Favorite Child - for putting up such a head of bloom, and keeping it for weeks and weeks. I have to tell you that I took this photo after removing several faded bloom stems, as this came into full bloom over a month ago. Wonderful plant. I started this plant a few years ago from a leaf I received from a poster I haven't seen here in a long time (Jivymini) and she told me that it was one of her personal favorites. I trusted her and it has certainly become one of mine.

And lastly, another incarnation of one of my favorites, if not my very favorite AV, Blue Dragon. We have a love-hate relationship; I love it and it hates me. I keep restarting plants and enjoying them for the short time I have them before they either sport or die. Sigh.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH