SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 7 - 7 - 15

8 years ago

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.
Thomas Jefferson

As I approve of a youth that has something of the old man in him, so I am no less pleased with an old man that has something of the youth. He that follows this rule may be old in body, but can never be so in mind.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.
Epicurus

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
Mark Twain

Those whose approval you seek most give you the least.
Maurice Chevalier

One longs to be funny, to make people laugh. Laughter is such a sign of approval, isn't it?
Tom Baker

It was quite instant that he wanted Harry's approval. Did you notice that? And the children sort of rescued him this time. It's a great turnabout. That's what happens as your children get older. They do things for you, and it's quite shocking when they do.
Robbie Coltrane

He gains everyone's approval who mixes the pleasant with the useful.
Horace

I live my life and play my music, and I don't really seek out other people's approval or accolades or things like that. I try to do what's true to me, and how it all comes out is fine.
Kenny G

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath
More Discussions