SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
froggedd

Need to buy new laptop

frogged
8 years ago

Hello, Iam looking for a new laptop or due to cost a tablet instead. I would say I use it 75% surfing the net, 25% of that is watching TV shows, I also use word, and excel, and store photos and edit photos very limited on the photo edit currently. I don't play games. And have not downloaded movies or music but might with a new computer. So far it looks like it would be around 650 cnd for a new one plus taxes. My old unit is at least 8 years old and the screen plug and battery are kaput. Very sad day.... So the next machine I would like to last at least as long, what advice can you share. So far I heard stick with intel chip ADM runs hotter, go at least I3, stay away from insperon sp?, or Pentium??? I would love a big screen but can't afford this money is definitely a factor but do not want to be completely outdated after buying it. I was told office isn't standard with new a laptop is that true? I have no clues about tablets other then Ipads are out of the question. If I can't swing a lap top I thought I would get a tablet to hold me until I could buy a laptop. If you have both do you find you use both regularly, are there usb ports on tablets?, and what is the good bad and ugly with them? Sadly I have no clue what I should do so any advice is appreciated thanks.

Comments (12)