SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_wa

Just for fun, my Hoyas!

8 years ago

My Hoyas seem pretty happy with me, getting lots of new growth despite little learning adventures as we go. Thought I would share pictures, most are still small and no flowers at the moment but several are already forming peduncles and my H. Bella has some tiny buds.

Back row first, left to right. H. neobudica from violet barn, H.obscura and H. australis "Mrs. G" from cuttings. Front row, H. australis "Lizard isle" and H. limoniaca from VB, H. diversifolia aff crassipes from cutting. New growth on diversifolia and australis cuttings appearing already, VB growing like weeds. Neobudica in particular has more than doubled in size in the last 6 weeks or so.

More H. diversifolia aff crassipes left and right, even the leaf cuttings has roots just letting them develops before planting. H. lacunosa in mason jar being convinced it wants to live (one of the two bits has ROOTS, woohoo!). And H. pubicalyx bright eyes from VB doing its thing nicely.

Dischidia I forget which, common name million hearts and cuttings of H.curtissii and H. imperialis. Both cuttings have roots, just letting them beef up before transplanting. Not rushing the curtissii, it is a long cutting but I want to pot it with at least a few others when I do.

My big EA H. Carnosa Krimson Queen, doing her best to take over my living room. I love this one, even if she did bring spider mite friends with her. Chalk it up to learning I guess.

Last but definitely not least, the wonderful little plant that started all this, my Hoya bella. Poor girl hasn't had the easiest go of it under my care (and recently got most of its growing tips cooked in its normal window and had to be relocated temporarily) and it probably shows but has been doing pretty well now that I know better how to care for it. This one is about 2 years old from cuttings. A lot of cuttings, my mom was quite generous as moms tend to be.

Comments (5)

Sponsored