SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracie_debisschop

commercial gas cooktop any recommendations?

i have researched bluestar, culinarian etc cook tops.i know one reason for the prices is because they are designed for home use. i have researched many commercial "gas hot plates" as they are called. the difference is that a commercial unit has a pilot light. i can live with it. they also have some clearance issues. i can also design the kitchen to make it safe.

all of the units i am looking at are table top i will be positioning them on a soapstone slab with shelves below. the oven will be located elsewhere.i have narrowed it down to a few manufacturers.

toastmaster, imperial, wells, apw wyott and castle. open burners only i will not use a sealed burner.

my issues is that the btu rates seem too high on the one i like best. imperial at 28k btu

the others are from 20k btu to 25k btu imperial claims their burners can reduce to 7k btu and apw wyott claims their 21 k btu burner can be at a 5k btu simmer.

bluestar burners are at 22 k btu and 15k btu and also a "simmer burner " not sure of the btu rate on it.

castle stove said they would reduce their burner btu to as low as 15k at the factory with no charge. my man concern is not being able to have a true simmer on my range top.

the cast iron burners and cast iron grates are all very similar to the bluestar and culinarian. imperial has a great video at their website showing their burners and grate in use. (very similar to the bluestar video)

most of these four burner cooktops are in the $800-1200. range. significantly less that bluestar at $3000. i would pay the $3000. but i am not sure the value matches the price in comparison to the commercial units.

i asked imperial if they are willing to reduce the btu.they said they do not. castle was very willing. i wonder if a competent gas person can adjust the btu. i am struggling with this because it is likely i will order without actually seeing the item. these commercial units are not at the local lowes.

i may have over confused the issue, something i tend to do. i would love anyone's input or suggestions experiences etc. i am aware of the bella copper plate for a simmer . that is a option.

if anyone has experience with commercial cooktops i would love their input.

thank you.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH