SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennyhal2

Wetting agents

8 years ago

Last winter one of the problems I encountered when I cut way back on watering my plants as result of the drought here was that it was very difficult to get the soil wet again. I couldn't figure out why my plants did not respond to water until I used a moisture meter and discovered that the water wasn't wetting the soil was just running out of the pot instead of wetting anything.I lost a lot of my plants. I've improved my watering schedule and now everybody is happy except the city that wants us to cut back on watering even more. I don't have a problem with that as now I hand water everything, but I don't want to get back into the problem of the water not getting to the plants. I'm noticing that a few of my plants are getting really water stressed.

I used to use a product called "Water-In" but can not find it anywhere anymore. I did find a product called "EZ Wet" which really doesn't work very well. The Water-In seem to stay around in the soil for a while. Is there something that I can make at home to help wet the soil?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH