SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serallen89

Jade (crassula humels sunset) thin & shrivelled leaves

Serena
8 years ago

Hello,

New to this forum, but hoping someone can help!

My jade plant cutting (planted ~ mid April) was originally doing well. Started to grow, then gradually all the leaves have become thin and very wrinkly. Larger leaves affected worse. It looks dehydrated to me but does not improve with watering. :(

It's in cactus soil, clay pot, positioned in the front of a very sunny / hot conservatory. Usually water once a month, sooner if I think the leaves feel a tiny bit softer. I tend to add a cacti & succulent fertiliser roughly every other watering. Other plants are fine with this regime.

Within 24hrs the soil is completely dry so I have watered this one a little more frequently then that. Watered twice last week (I was wondering if the roots hadn't developed enough to take up enough water for it?) but this hasn't helped - still tempted to water more but I don't want to cause rot.

I did find a few mealybugs (mostly on the bigger plant, one on this cutting) ~ 1 month ago. Squished them with a cotton bud and haven't seen any since - until this morning when I had to remove one from this plant. Could that be the issue? I've read about wiping the plant down the alcohol or vinegar but am concerned this might damage it (?).

Here's a photo - you can some wrinkles but, apart from a few of the smallest ones, all leaves feel thin / flat / leathery :

Here's the main plant. It had gone quite yellow at one point (think lack of light) but colour seems to be improving since we moved :

Any suggestions? Should I just water it more!?

Thanks,

Serena

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES