SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
guyground

Hydrangea Bloomstruck!

guyground
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have to say that I am quite impressed by the newest edition to the endless summer collection, hydrangea, bloomstruck. I got mine last season in 2 gallon containers.

The first thing I noticed is that I had suprisingly little dieback overwinter in zone 5. Its quite an attractive plant with nice dark green leaves and red stems. The plant has grown quite vigorously even though its only in its second year. The thing that stands out the most about it is that it produces loads of flowering stems and nice full blooms. You'll be amazed by just how many flowering stems this plant puts out. As you can see mine are starting to bloom now. The blooms can be made a nice pink color too in alkaline soil.

I highly recommend hydrangea bloomstruck and i would even recommend it to people who have tried the original endless summer but did not have success. This one is definitely easier than the original.

The only drawback I see is that like all mophead hydrangeas it can get wilty in the hot afternoon sun. Nevertheless, I would say it is still more heat resistant than other mophead hydrangeas.

Comments (52)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert