SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexiegurl09

What are you struggling with in your garden this year?

lexiegurl09
8 years ago

So it seems like this has been somewhat of a bad year for everyone this year dealing with one disease or another, one weather extreme or another, and on and on. What has been your biggest struggle so far this year?

For me it has been disease. This has by far been the worst year for me. I was happy in the beginning because we were getting regular rain, which meant I would hardly ever have to water, but it just turned into a breeding ground for disease. So far in my two beds I have found: bacterial wilt, early blight, septoria, another wilting disease similar to bacterial wilt that I can't identify, and leaf yellowing and browning from some unknown disease. What's interesting is the bed I sprayed once with daconil are not having the septoria and blight issues, but they are succumbing to wilt diseases.

The bed I have never sprayed with daconil has the fungal problems, but no wilt. Possible connection??

We have also had massive amounts of rain (4"in two days), and massive humidity with this latest heat wave. Thankfully both are about to break, but it's still tough. Thankfully my peppers and beans are doing well and I have harvested some tomatoes, so it's not a total loss yet ;)

Dawn

Comments (31)