SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cricket5050

How many bathrooms?

8 years ago

We are in the early stages of the building process and will meet with the architect later this year. I would appreciate any ideas or advice regarding our build.

Our land is located in a resort area and it is not uncommon for 1 or 2 bedroom homes in the area. There will only be my husband and I in the home. This will be our forever home but I always think about the future in case we need to sell.

Our plan is to have 2 master bedrooms, one on the main floor and one on the second level. The upstairs bedroom will have windows on 3 sides to allow for a nice view of the property. We want a basement for an exercise room if there are no problems with the land. We might also add a bed in a separate area in the basement.

This is my question. How many bathrooms do we need for a 2 bedroom? One full bath for the upstairs bedroom and one full bath for the downstairs bedroom. We want a bathroom (full or 1/2) in the basement. Then I guess we would need a 1/2 bath downstairs for visitors.

So, I am counting 3 1/2 bathrooms, or 2 full and 2 half bathrooms. Won't this seem strange for a 2 bedroom house?

If we cannot have a basement then we have no issue because we will have 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths.

Comments (11)