SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nerdynester

Front Elevation - am I crazy?

nerdynester
8 years ago

Hello all!

As always, thank you for the wonderful help and advice. I am so grateful to have these forums to come to when I need to chat "house" as I don't think my friends or family can tolerate much more of my obsessing.

I come seeking validation that I am not, in fact, truly losing it. When I stopped by the lot yesterday - something stood out to me. Our front elevation doesn't seem right. The center gable seemed to be a smaller scale than I expected. We chose to build based on another of the builder's homes we loved (House A) and our exterior is supposed to match everything except for paint (in our contract). Our house, House B, seems to be off. Am I just seeing things?

House A

House B

If I'm not crazy, and things are wrong - I doubt this can be fixed at this stage in the game without massive delays. We're already months behind (supposed to close in May). Do you think I would be out of bounds to ask for some level of compensation from our builder for the mess up?

Also - does this elevation look wonky as it is? I think it'll be okay... but I don't want issues down the line, or to be the ugly house on the block.

Comments (7)