SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emstreet

on vacation in Hawaii - but feel crazy and miserable!

emstreet
8 years ago

Hello, I have never posted on a forum in my life but it is 2:30 am in Hawaii and I am on vacation, and I am awake, full of anxiety and despair, for absolutely no reason! I have had a miserable run of it with peri menopause, started at age 45 or so when I began with terrible migraines, two weeks out of the month, usually with crazy vertigo as part of it. Really limited my life. No migraine treatment worked for me, alternative or medical. I am now 54 and I have not had a period in three months, and hooray, no migraine either, BUT instead I feel so horribly depressed, like some days I just want life to be over, and other times I am racing with anxiety, about nothing! I wake up every night, sometimes anxious sometimes just awake. I had hot flashes for one week last month, now those are gone, but honestly those were kind of fun compared to this feeling of just...nothing is good. I used to get a sense of self esteem and happiness from doing yoga and exercising hard, but now I just....don't even want to. I found some relief from the anxiety and insomnia with Klonopin (I sleep and feel peaceful, not anxious), but after a few days I feel more depressed and also freaked out about getting dependent on it, so I don't want to take it unless I am desperate. Same thing with coffee - it gives me a mood lift for a couple of hours but then I get more anxious later. I am just venting here, but I am also hoping someone will tell me that there is an end to this, and that you come out on the other side feeling like a wise, centered woman at peace, who can find some joy in life.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting