SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meganlanephotos

Help IDing a few wildflowers?

meganlanephotos
8 years ago

Hi all!

I dug up a portion of grass in my backyard this year on April 1st, and sowed wildflower seeds on April 15th. I have began to see blooms during the past two weeks. Most of which, I was able to ID.. bachelor buttons, california poppies, wild daisies, wild babies breath, cosmo's, etc.. however, there are two that I haven't been able to identify. I am attaching pictures of those..

The first is a hot pink flower with a thin, delicate stem and small leaves all about the same size. 5 hot pink (looks reddish in pic) petals and a darker color towards center. I attached three pictures of this, so you can see different angles and foliage..

The second type of flower hasn't fully opened yet, so I understand if you can't see what it is. I am attaching a picture of the bud, though.

Lastly, I've included a picture of the entire wildflower garden for all to see.. to the left of stepping stones (by my shutter fence) is my main veggie garden. To the right, is the wildflower garden. They are both in the narrow area in my backyard over by my shed..I put one blue star creeper in between each stepping stone.. I am hoping they fill in the dirt spots. If not, I'll throw down grass seed. The front half of our backyard is mostly small gardens and play things for my 4 year old daughter. Can't wait to see full bloom.. I used a perennial/annual mix that especially attracts butterflies and songbirds. Thank you so much in advance!!

PS: If anyone has any suggestions on improving the general appearance of this area of my backyard, please feel free to kindly make suggestions! I bought my home two years a go and this is the first year I've really began working on the yard and gardens. The inside of my home was the first priority and now that I've completed my home improvement projects, I want to perfect my property. I am a fan of cottage style gardens.. romantic, overgrown flower beds and edible landscaping. All suggestions are welcome..

Comments (4)