SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaa007

induction ready cookware - xpost

lisa_a
8 years ago

x-post to cooking and cookware forums

My new induction cook top will be installed soon and I need to buy new cookware.

sjhockeyfan recommended Tramontina tri-ply (as did another GWer whose screen name I've forgotten, sorry!). I know Cooks Illustrated recommended their set as a best buy, comparable to All-Clad, a few years ago.

Unfortunately, I can't find any Tramontina tri-ply in any stores around me (including Wally World) and I'm hesitant to buy it sight unseen. I prefer the chance to give the pans a heft, check their weight and see how well the handles fit my hand.

When I stopped at BBB, the guy recommended Calphalon, both the Tri-ply and the AccuCore lines. He really talked up the copper layer in the AccuCore. Is that a plus in induction cooking? I've no idea.

I know Calphalon is a good brand and I liked the feel of AccuCore but I'm not spending that kind of money unless it's really that much better than Tri-ply in Calphalon or Tramontina. The Calphalon Tri-ply set is roughly the same price as Tramontina's set.
Accucore is more but becomes reasonable with a 20% coupon, plus a $50
gift card from BBB.

Help! I'm about to have a new kitchen and nothing to cook with! I've read web reviews but I'm still confused! I'm not a master chef, just your basic cook. IOW, I can't rationalize the cost of All-Clad cookware, especially since I'm starting from scratch.

TIA!

Comments (33)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm