SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ne1one

3 ft tomato plant in 3-4 weeks.

stevie
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

just wanted to share my experience growing a tomato plant.

its been a while since i grew tomatoes outdoors (mostly indoor green vegs hydroponically).

anyhow, towards the last week of may i planted a big beef tomato plant in a pretty large container.. i would guess about 30 gal. i used Alaska fish pellets and 3 to almost 4 weeks later the plant is over 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide and growing at massive rate, it already has several 1 1/2 inch size tomatoes!

being mostly experience with hydroponic growth rates, i have never see a plant grow so fast.. i really believe this fish stuff makes the plant go insane.. every person that sees it is amazed how large it is considering how growing season only just started a few weeks ago and most people still have 12 inch tomato plants, they see mine and say "WTF" are you feeding them?

my cherry tomatoes grew at the same rate. i had planted some sad looking cuttings that had some yellow and drying leaves and less than a month later, they're 3 feet tall and already have 3/4 inch clusters of cherry tomatoes.

i am not sure if this is what typically the growth rate many others get with tomatoes but just wanted to share my experience using these fish pellets. i think this stuff is like steroids to tomatoes.

cheers.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH