SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_wa

Hoya vs Dischidia/ Yellow cutting

Kim
8 years ago

Hello!! I am fairly new to hoyas, excluding Hoya lanceolata bell, the "family Hoya" amongst my kin. Recently I decided to expand as a post quitting smoking gift to myself, and have some questions now that my orders are in.

First, is the small potted one from the violet barn actually a Hoya? I am pretty sure this is a Dischidia, entirely separate genus. I could be wrong, but I don't see a "Hoya dischidia" out there. This was one of those five packs, but I ordered hoyas. Wasn't trying to move onto relatives!

in the second picture, I got a lovely selection of cuttings. Of them, one arrived with quite a few yellow leaves. I soaked it in water for a couple hours and stuck it into moist perlite. Should I remove the yellow leaves, do anything special, or just leave it alone? It is a little more yellow than in the picture. It is a lacunosa and i really want it to pull through.

oh, and I read on here to use perlite... I have all my cuttings in it, in clear cups with drainholes. It does seem to dry pretty fast, am I doing this right? We always just stuck the bella cuttings in water and waited 4-6 weeks.

thanks in advance!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored