SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

How do you like this plan, like, generally?

robo (z6a)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm looking for a couple of modest-"ish" house plans to send the inlaws for inspiration for a lakefront cottage.

A nice lot just came up but we haven't offered on it yet. The inlaws aren't great at visualizing and I just want to show them something that COULD be built that would sit nicely on the lot. I just want to send some decent plans for inspiration. BUT -- I don't want to send them something horrifying just in case they get attached to the first thing I send and want to build that exact thing.

Context: lakefront, west facing, very gentle slope, 200 feet water frontage, no lot constraints to speak of, cold coastal climate (Maineish).

Wanted: two masters, or at least four bedrooms, bedrooms can be small. The inlaws want a bedroom with ensuite and excellent water views. Efficient layout. Engineered slab, will need main floor utility room. Charm a plus, screen porch mandatory. Maineish.

Budget: fairly modestish but if the inlaws are in love it won't be a huge issue. Trying to keep it under 2000 sq feet and "cottagey" (MIL's word) but FIL likes his creature comforts (ample refrigeration and lots of bathrooms). I would like to find something enticing without being ridiculously luxurious.

Delete the waterline on this one - is it ok-ish? Too gabley? I kind of like the layout (picturing the left side facing North and top side West).

I also liked this Southern Living plan, Seaside lookout. That tower looks kind of pricey but if FIL thought it was cool that would be ok. There's an excellent home designer near us who does quite a few of these tower thingies so if they liked it I could point them to this guy.

Comments (17)