SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgrove34

Tomato leaf problem - spotted wilt?

kgrove34
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My yellow cherry tomato (Sun Gold Hybrid) plant seems to have been growing well on the whole:

However, upon closer inspection, quite a few of the leaves have developed significant spotting. Some are quite beautiful - they have a metallic copper color that glints and shines and really looks quite remarkable.

The top leaves, those that probably get the most sunlight, have lighter discoloration:

Those further down towards the base and underside have dark brown spotting, and the leaves are beginning to curl:

Is this Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus? Should I pull the plant up? I have three pepper plants and several beets growing right next to her in the same garden box... Is there any concern for this transmitting to them? It also might be worth noting that we have had heavy rainfall recently - three days of downpours. The tag of the plant does say that it is disease resistant, but perhaps that isn't so relevant here. I'm located just outside of Boston. Any help would be very much appreciated! I love my plants and definitely don't want this to spread.

Comments (4)