SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mersiepoo

Is this a banner year for weird new bugs where you live?

mersiepoo
8 years ago

Not sure about where you live, but we had a colder than normal winter. I figured that would help kill off some of these new bug species that I swear are imported from China etc.

I've never seen so many new bugs and insects this year! They all seem to be intent on one thing- plant destruction! Some 'new' bugs I've noticed, these bright red insects, they have these large fuzzy eggs that they lay underneath grape leaves and other plants. Then there is some weird ugly butterfly/moth thing, it's got a strange way of flying, it flies in a U, up and down, up and down. It's a daytime moth, with grayish coloring, and it's got four spots on it's wings, they have a black center ringed with white. Then there are these ugly 'tent caterpillar' type things, but they are very tiny and are white and beige and seem to go after ALL plants, not primarily prunus species. I've found them on box elder maples, elderberries, etc. Then there are these small spindly bugs that love to live in the grass and are green and black. Then there are these stink bug type things that are green and have a black spot dead center on their backs.

I also spied some ugly weird maggoty looking thing inching its way across the front of our porch, it was super disgusting looking. I know it was not a fly maggot (I know what they look like believe me).

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor