SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Gripes and snipes

Annie Deighnaugh
8 years ago

I had some banking to do today...I never go to the bank unless absolutely necessary, but today I had to go to 2...to take money out of one and put it in another. (This was a one-time thing so not worth doing on line, which is my preferred method.)

At bank one, they were very nice, very helpful, took care of everything, but doggone, do you think the guy could've introduced himself? I know he has a name tag on and a plaque on his desk, but how hard is it to say, "Hello, I'm John Doe. Nice to meet you Mrs. Deighnaugh." At least he didn't get familiar and call me Annie, but I'm like, who are you? Just simple common courtesy that should be trained into reps, IMHO.

At bank two, I needed to make the deposit. It was a large amount and I wanted to make sure it went ok. Well, there were about 7 employees, but there was ONE teller working! And there was one guy in front of me. We waited, and waited, and waited. Would you believe no one, NO ONE made eye contact with anyone in line? So finally the single teller is free and the guy in front of me goes and I'm waiting and waiting and waiting....then they need some kind of override or something so they're waiting for the Mgr to show up, and waiting and waiting. Finally he does and they seem to be making progress, but I'm still waiting. Then 2 people show up behind two different windows doing who knows what. Not one of them would make eye contact, acknowledge that I (and by now the 3 other people behind me) are still waiting or suggest that, "I'll be right with you".

Finally, it was my turn and I'm just making a deposit. How long should that take? Well, I could've made 15 deposits at the ATM in the time it took for the teller to get it done...without exaggeration. I was waiting so long that I finally asked, is there a problem with the account? She said, "No, I'm just waiting for the computer." Finally I was done. I was reminded why I hate going to the bank, and kicked myself for not going to a different branch.

Comments (39)