SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bernardyjh

Acquiring Rare Echeverias: Share Your Plants and Resources

bernardyjh
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hey Folks,

So after our previous discussion regarding how far we would go for these plants, I just thought it would be fun to bring up a couple of drool worthy Echeveria breeds that are on the top of my wishlist, but yet ever so rare, limited and elusive that they don't even appear on ebay.

The top of my list are certain breeds of Cuspidatas and Agavodies. I've briefly seen Howard posting a couple of his prized Agavodies, and they simply look divine! Especially the really crimson colored Frank Reinelt - I saw one posting of a seedling in Ebay, and I'm really reluctant to buy it due to its authenticity.

Maybe you guys can enlighten me where these rarer species might be available, or if you have stumbled any during C&S shows in your region, I'll be really happy if you can buy the plant on my behalf and ship it to me, all cost on me.

Enjoy these beauties -

Echeveria Cuspidata Var. Assorted

Echeveria Cuspidata Var. (unknown - name in Japanese)

Link Source

Echeveria Agavodies Var. Ebony (Hybrid)

Link Source

Echeveria Agavodies Var. (Either Ebony/ Romeo)

Link Source

Echeveria Agavdoies Var. Ebony

Link Source

Echeveria Cuspidata Var Menchaca (This is my top favorite)

Link Source

Echeveria Cuspidata var. Menchaca Seedling

Link Source

Three Types of Echeveria Cuspidatas

Of course not forgetting Echeveria Mexican Giant and Lauii

Lastly, this Echeveria highly resembles Harry's Lauii, and I made a few comparison to mine, my plant seem to have rounder and stouter leaves. Maybe perhaps mine is still a baby plant or his might be a lauii hybrid x John Catlin.

Link Source

Please share all your Echeveria Oddities and Beauties, I love them all. I find this pictorial web link particularly helpful in my Echeveria ID-ings and they seem pretty extensive and accurate about their listings.

Cheers, Bernard

Comments (37)