SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wadvr

Honda HRA214 locked up

wadvr
8 years ago

I didn't want to hijack anyone's threads here so:

The other day I went out to mow the lawn. Mower started perfectly as usual, I mowed a small portion of the lawn and it started to bog down as if it was plugged with heavy wet grass. I figured I had not cleaned out underneath in a while and sure enough it was packed all the way to the blade in one spot. So I put it on its side and hosed out all the crud. Once I set it back down waited a few and attempted to start-it was locked solid. I went through all the things to unlock the engine which did free up and it runs again but I am doubting that I locked the engine-the engine starts and runs as it did before. I am wondering if the clutch for the blade is the culprit and is worn out in some way that it binds. Is there any maintenance or signs I can look for to decipher if there is a failure in the clutch? in function it seems to engage/disengage smoothly. Any ideas on what to look for? any online repair manuals? I have the Honda Owners manual but it doesn't include repair items such as these.

Thanks,

Comments (5)