SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paigeag800

Would love some design ideas!

Garden Lover
8 years ago

I would love some ideas for the back of my property, it is 100 feet across. The bed on the left was existing when I purchased the house, two dead pines were taken out and I threw in a vanilla strawberry hydrangea, quick fire hydrangea, a Korean lilac, and various perennials. The daylilies were already there. The bed next to the shed is new as of last year and has a seven son tree. The remainder of the bed is used for pumpkins and watermelons. The larges shrubs in the middle are my neighbors property. I envision the bed on the left eventually connecting to the bed on the right and we started this process by adding a tri color beech. Now i'm stuck on where to go from here. I'm not loving the outline of daylilies on the left bed either. This area also gets pretty much full sun since the back of my house faces west. I'm in zone 5b, about 50 miles west of Chicago. We do all the work ourselves and plan to be here long term. I love the mixed/layered look, and gardening is a hobby of mine. I'm not in to anything formal.

The picture is taken from my patio which is where we would be most of the time, so we would like the arrangement to look good from there.

Comments (5)