SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueridgemtns

Please help!! Japanese maple quickly dying

blueridgemtns
8 years ago

To make a long story short, I bought this fireglow about a year and a half ago or so. I thought I had lost it once due to a random storm ripping it out of the ground the night I planted it. I nursed it back to health in a pot, planted it in the fall anxiously waiting to see if it survived when spring came around, it did. It had beautiful leaves and I was so relieved that it made it. Well, it took a turn for the worse a few days ago. All of the leaves dried and curled up (at the same time) and kept they're burgundy color, not brown and burned like any kind of scorch. Some of the limbs died, no big limbs, just little ones. I've scratched surfaces all around the tree which were green and looked like normal and I've pruned the random gray dead limbs. I'm devastated to see this tree I nursed back to health for a long while just look so bad in a matter of two days. It's been hot in NC for the past two weeks and I don't know if it just didn't get the water it needed, if it's virticilliam wilt, if it's some other dreaded sad disease but if someone could shine some light on what you can tell by photos, I would be very thankful because I'm losing my mind over this declining tree. Thanks!

Comments (3)