Happy Memorial Day
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Happy Memorial Day --formerly known as Decoration Day
Comments (1)Thanks Zeffy. I always have my father & his brothers & brothers-in-law, the whole generation really, on my mind at this time of year & again on Veteran's Day, Pearl Harbor Day... Daddy was in the US Army, serving at Anzio & North Africa. He never talked seriously about it, always made jokes about laying telephone line & his buddies playing jokes on each other. I never even knew he was at Anzio until I got a copy of his records, too late, long after he was gone....See MoreHappy Memorial Day weekend!
Comments (9)In tribute to Memorial Day I will add a rose of my own. This is Courageous. It was named for those who fought in the air for the allies in WWII. I've not had the luxury of visiting a rose garden for years, how fun for you! Great pictures, and I very much like the last one, Table for one. I tried looking it up on Help me find, but couldn't find it. Is there another name?...See MoreHappy Memorial Day
Comments (5)Happy Memorial Day Nana and Everyone! Since I won't be setting a table this year, I'll share a picture of one from a couple years ago. This table had ornaments that say 'We Love Our Soldiers,' as Nana said 'Thanks to all who serve to keep us safe.' We haven't decided what we'll be doing. Please share your plans. Punk...See MoreHappy Memorial Day Weekend!
Comments (9)Woo Hoo! La Reine on Memorial Day! Mine all just finished. Those foggy mornings are better than heat waves. Just a little pm here, nothing awful. Wish we could see these cool temps last a few more months. I got an accidental red white and blue. Florentine finally maturedintosomething grand. I have some potted 5 gallon lions roses in front of that and a nice blue native something I got at a plant sale. They all bloomed together in patriotic style. I did try earlier to time some French lace roses with a big daffodils planting. Nope..daffs went off and roses started opening as they were fading. Ah well....see what next year brings. The yellow iris are open for the second flush so not a total loss. These crazy times... ill be thankful for whatever looks good. Happy beginning of summer to all the warm season folks and enjoy your spring time everyone up north....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Tour: Happy Days Are Here Again in a Miami Apartment
The colors of Biscayne Bay, an owner’s fond memories and the groovy spirit of the 1970s inspire a bright redesign
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSay 'I Do' to Beautiful Wedding Memory Displays
You'll love and cherish these creative vignettes, artwork and more that keep the happiness of your special day at hand
Full Story
LIVING ROOMSRoom of the Day: Vintage Posters Jump-Start a Happy Room Redesign
A bright and cheerful living room has this family feeling joyful again. See the before-and-afters
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES12 Ways Your Home Can Say Happy Derby Day
Add a dash of fresh Kentucky Derby style to your home
Full Story
FUN HOUZZHappy National Toasted Marshmallow Day!
Go for some gooey goodness with an outdoor s’more fest to ring in fall
Full Story
DESIGNER SHOWCASESSan Francisco Decorator Showcase: Happy Days Are Here Again
Creative ideas, bold colors and inventive materials abound under one (very large) roof
Full Story
CONTAINER GARDENSHappy Houseplants, Happy People
Potted plants add life and beauty to a room. Learn easy ways to keep them healthy
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: Celebrate Memorial Day
Decorate, entertain and play with these stylish Memorial Day party picks from the Houzz Shop
Full Story0

LIVING ROOMSRoom of the Day: Family Memories Fill a Casually Elegant Parlor
A homeowner renovates her grandmother’s Boston home with love and meaningful touches
Full Story


rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7