SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zonabb

Craftsman Mower Won't start

Jonas Ensminger
8 years ago

OK, I consider myself somewhat handy but I'm baffled now. I own a Craftsman model 917.385127 mower. Last year it stopped starting. It started then ran for 10 seconds, died, and wouldn't restart for a day. This spring, same thing. So I searched around online and did a few things. I took the tank and carb off, cleaned everything. Diaphragm looked fine. I put a cleaner I bought in the tank, primed it good and let it sit, supposedly that would clean everything. Changed the plug (didn't need to but when I was buying the cleaner, I bought a plug too). Now I can't get it to even start. I so bad want to trash it, buy a decent mower and be done with it. But I can mow my lawn in less than 10 minutes and hate doing it so spending a ton a new mower is not my next option (electric mower would be my choice though).

Any thoughts?

Also, should the choke on the carb open or close when the operator bar is pushed to the handle or does that operate on its own? I'm just looking at the entire thing now and trying to troubleshoot!

Comments (2)