SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

Do these mixed metals throughout house 'go' ?

akl_vdb
8 years ago

So my DH fell in love with door handles. Baldwin reserve in dark bronze. We decided on the taper lever with the square rose. It can look a bit brown in some lights. We have flat black hinges.

Our kitchen cab handles are a graphite colour (we love them but I would totally change them to 'go' if they didn't have this backplate that I vowed I wouldn't use a big one again but I totally did so now I'm stuck but we do love them)

It's the Amerock Rochdale in graphite. We love the little rivets and how they are a bit industrial without being industrial!

Our actual interior doors are 2 panel shaker painted BM Dove White. We would have 2 door handles in the kitchen. Our kitchen faucet is chrome. Our cabs are a very warm white.

The lighting we have bought for dining room is

It's black and wood. Our flooring is a med dark rustic 7.5 inch engineered.

The lighting we are thinking of for our kitchen is the Kichler lacey in old bronze

and in the foyer is Kichler larkin in old bronze.

We also like this light but it's semi flush and not long enough for the foyer

So do you go with the dark bronze door handles with all the other fixtures in play? How do I make it look like they aren't on their own. Am I the only one who cares about this? I'm trying to get away from the satin nickel. Should I do a flat black interior door handle? Can you recommend one that has a warranty (Emteck didn't have the finish warranty on it).

Can anybody help me or am I so far beyond help already? Thanks!

Comments (17)