SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vervelife

Window size (above sink)

Rough layout below... fridge is swapped places with the counter run on the short wall of the "L" due to structural issue making the beam-shift required to fake a counter-depth not possible, otherwise, this is where we are at for now...

I'm planning for a Blanco 441299 Precis Super Single Bowl Kitchen Sink which needs a 34" base cabinet.

What size window should I put behind it? I'm planning a 36" width but how high? Single hung or fixed? How far above counter? I am finalizing structural drawings now and need a decision.

The ceiling is 10'.

I was thinking I'll want about 4" above counter height before the window sill starts, to tile, so I don't have a water nightmare there... That puts the base of this window at 40" roughly from the floor.

I haven't finished cabinet height. Visually, should I try to align the height of the window to the cabinet height, the windows on the same wall to the left (dining area transoms) or go with something like a 3030 (36"x36") and put a detail over it (shelf, cabinet trip at top of run).

Ideas? Would love photos if you find something.

Ignore height matching and put open shelves in front of fixed window?

OR, detail with trim?

I'm thinking of making the cabinet under the sink look more like a piece of furniture anyway... maybe 2" lower than counter height as well.

Comments (6)