SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meme1111_me

blueberry plant leaves rust help

meme1111_me
8 years ago

my "misty" and "sunshine blue" varieties have red/yellow/brown/black somewhat concentric splotches on almost a 1/3 of last years leaves. The employee who sold the plants assured that this was normal, and it was barely coming out of dormancy. So, after having them for a couple weeks now, there is noticeable rusty orange raised spots underneath any leaves that are burned looking. There is also a thick paper film, which could be the nursery spraying milk on it and letting dry, but all of the old leaves are stiff as cardboard and have a dark grayish white and orange dusty film. It doesn't look like powdery mildew. Through reading online, i'm almost positive its some type blueberry rust virus but its supposed to be in the southeastern U.S. and Australia in warmer humid climates. Well we are in the PNW , living close to Puget sound in Washington! Debating on going right now to exchange for a different one or just get a refund! The place where i found them is locally owned and I'm somewhat acquainted there and it won't be a problem. Plus they are open 24/7 in an area where mostly every business is closed by 8:30!!

If anyone has any advice, please help..

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!