SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_tyrrell

Fiddle Fig Leaf Potting Up Help Please!

Hi there everyone,

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice about my new Fiddle Fig named Figaro. I found him a 10 days ago sitting out the front of a florist after searching for months for one. The florist told me he needed some love, so I bundled him up and brought him home. I live in Melbourne, Australia where we have just headed into Autumn, with temps around 16-17 degrees C at the moment. I've Seasol'd him once, but have read so much conflicting advice about how much to water him that I didn't do it until this morning. I gave him 4 cups of water, and it drained straight through the pot. Surely this can't be a good thing? The questions I have are:

1. He looks to me like he needs a bigger pot? I've read that I should leave him in his new environment for a few months before repotting. Is this true, or should I do it now?

2. Water? How much and when? Are these leaves that are pointing down indicate that there isn't enough water?

3. Pruning, I just want him to be healthy. Do I just leave all of his leaves? Pull off the ones that look like they're dying or browning?

I have included pics of positioning, roots and plant to give a better indication of what I'm referring to.

Thank you for your help, I just want to look after my new kid as I'm sure you all understand! :-)

Kind regards,

Beth

Comments (14)