SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Roses and their habits

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
8 years ago

Roses can sure act differently at times. I have several roses that didn't have many blooms during the first spring flush, but during the time they were blooming decided to start setting on more buds. Three varieties that I have really noticed are Love Song, Bewitched and Pink Peace. I've noticed these in particular, because I have more than one bush of each variety. The ones that had lots of blooms during the spring flush are slowly putting on new rose growth. The three that didn't bloom much are loaded with buds or new rose growth. I enjoy it either way, because that means there's a shorter lapse time between blooms on those varieties. Another thing I've noticed, is my two Tiffany bushes especially almost bloom exactly the same way every time they bloom, just about the same number of blooms, same size, they could almost be twins. On my PJPII, while one side is blooming, the other side is putting on new growth, seems like it keeps repeating this pattern. It's interesting to observe their different habits.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living