SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

advice on mixing countertops, please

daisychain01
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We are redoing our kitchen due to an insurance claim. While everything is out, I'd like to update things and mama goose and others here have helped me come up with a better layout.

Some of the costs will be covered by insurance, but they will not cover things like most of the cabs and none of the countertops. Since we did a reno about 8 years ago, we are not able to put a lot of our own money into this and I am trying to save costs wherever I can.

We are planning to move the range to a new wall where there will be more prep space on either side. That will leave a hole in the granite where it was. I was thinking of getting a piece of wood counter (possibly butcher block) to fit in that space as well as a piece for the right side of the range to balance it out. The island would also have the same wood top.

We are planning on having walls, backsplash tile and upper cabs all the same shade of white to try and tone down the busy-ness (I know 2 tone cabs aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I love it).

Here is a shot of the wall where we'd remove the range and add wood counter. I think the microwave will stay on a shelf where it is now.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County